07 February 2009

Went to the doctor and the doctor said, "No more monkeys jumping on the bed."

I've been sick for most of the week, sneezing and coughing. So sick in fact, that my boss ordered me to take a sick day. Pretty funny if you ask me. I think it has more to do with him not wanting to get sick than wanting to make sure I get rest. I keed.

I'm lucky he's not one of those people who don't give a shit even if you're practically dying on your desk. He's really easy to work with and he's very patient with me when I mess up. No, I'm not sucking up to him because I'm sure he doesn't know that this blog exists.

So anyway, I'm on my way to recovery and I'm thankful that I took days off but the downside is that I only have three sick days left. And it's only February! :-(





Good thing the weatherman said we'll be having relatively warmer temps for the next few days. And by relatively, I mean it's about as warm as frozen yogurt could get when you stick it in the freezer.

Speaking of frozen, look at what I have in the freezer. Well, not literally in the freezer but whatever:



The Neapolitan is Bom's favorite. The other two are for me, when I'm stressed. The coffee for a cold caffeine fix and the Bailey's for the alcoholic in me. The ice cream seemed like a good idea then but I'm having second thoughts. My doctor said I need to lose 40 freaking pounds. Yes, four-zero. Forty. O_O

I know it's for health reasons but that means goodbye to my boobies and my booty. It's a fact that when you lose a lot of weight, you also lose the fullness of those body parts which would result in un-perkiness and un-firmness. Even if you exercise, you can't bring it back to the way it was before the weight loss. Sigh. Now I really have to resort to plastic surgery. Dr. Belo? Dr. Li? *waves frantically*

I'm seeing a nutritionist next week who will probably charge me $50 per visit and tell me the same things that my mom used to say when I hated veggies. I know, I know, I don't make any sense. Whatever. I just want to give it a try.

To happier things! Makeup haul! I decided I needed to update my makeup and change my color palette. So I went a little crazy at MAC the other day. Love love love love eet! Pics and swatches on my next post. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

come to think of it, I've been eating ice cream + bailey's since grade school. I saw my mom do it one time. I tried it as well and voila! I've been an alcoholic ever since.