24 January 2009

I'm easy...easy like Sunday morning

It's been a while since I hung out with the girls after work so we got together last Thursday for coffee at Caffe Martier on Second between 53rd and 54th. It was sort of a post-birthday get together for Trem and I, as we celebrate our birthdays two weeks apart. It is a really small place, just off the side of the Martier store. They serve good coffee, their salads are crisp and light and I bet the sandwiches are mouth-watering as well (none of us ordered a sandwich when we went). It is my new favorite coffee place. I just wish that the lights were a little dimmer to play up the ambiance.



My caffeine of choice that night was a cappuccino, only because I've been drinking coffee all day and I felt that I needed something weaker than my daily cup of joe. I usually take my coffee really strong, somewhere between an espresso and a double espresso, with one sugar and enough cream to make the coffee a rich caramel color.



I also had the Romeo and Juliet, a strawberry and banana crepe with a rich hazelnut sauce. I was thinking that they would probably be using Nutella for the hazelnut sauce but I was pleasantly surprised that they didn't. The crepe was really light and refreshing, a perfect match for my cappuccino. It was really good! So good in fact that this is all I had left after five minutes:



I have three good reasons why I left that last bite on the plate. One, I needed to take a pic for this post. Two, I didn't want to look like a fat ass wolfing down her food without even pausing to breathe. And three, I've observed that rich people don't finish off their plates so I didn't finish mine. I want to be rich too. :-D

I also like the Nespresso Botique Coffee Bar on Madison. I had the Grilled Panini which is a buffalo mozzarella panini with prosciutto, sun-dried tomatoes and basil pesto. It also comes with a side salad. Just thinking about it makes me want to go to Nespresso again.



I topped the panini off with the Liegeois, an iced roma grand cru topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream which doubled as my dessert and coffee.



Sigh. I really should make time to go out and catch up with friends. Right now my social life consists of home-work-home. I'm hoping that next year Gerd would be here and I can take him to all the fabulous eats I've discovered. God knows how much I miss my Daddy Beb.

Going off on a completely different topic here. I got a little hand action last week at Woodbury Commons.



Awesome, right?! I can actually see the pressure from the dryer move the skin on my hand. It was so cool. Hehehe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That crepe looks to sexy to eat.

anne said...

tell me about it. the hazelnut reminds me of the time i used it on girrard. no wait! (doh)